Effective School Solutions, LLC
121 Chanlon Road
New Providence, NJ 07974
The Information We Collect
The Site is intended for adults located within the United States. The Site collects the following personally identifiable information when you voluntarily complete a “Contact” form or a form to download information about the ESS program:
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- School District
The contact form also requests that you provide a subject and a brief message, both of which are chosen by you.
The Site collects no other personally identifiable information, nor does it collect any financial data.
However, our web servers may automatically collect and log web usage data and other information from you when you visit the Site. This information, including the Internet Protocol address of the device you use to access the Site, referring site, pages viewed and length of visit, informs us about how visitors use and navigate our Site. We may also use a third-party service (such as Google Analytics) to track trends and Site usage.
Finally, although the Site does not have third-party advertising, it does contain cookies from third-party advertising networks that are capable of tracking visitors to other websites elsewhere on the Internet.
In providing the Services, we may collect the following types of information from school districts, their families, and students:
- Names and contact information;
- Medical history and treatment information;
- Academic information such as grades, disciplinary records, and attendance records; and
- Any other information voluntarily provided to us by students, families, or school districts
How we use personal information
We use the personal information that we collect to operate the Site and provide our Services. We may use personal information for the following purposes:
- Providing, maintaining, understanding, and improving the Site and Services, including but not limited to providing mental health and behavioral support services;
- Responding to inquiries about the Site and Services;
- Communicating with students, families, and school districts about the Site and Services;
- Complying with ESS’s legal obligations and assisting school districts in complying with their legal obligations;
- Processing transactions with school districts and users, such as processing account information and billing;
- Protecting the rights of ESS and others;
- For the purpose for which the information was provided to us; and
- For any other purpose to which the data subject consents at the time that the personal information is collected.
How we share personal information
If ESS collects personal information on behalf of a school district, it may share any of that personal information with that school district and, as approved by the school district, the student’s family.
Additionally, ESS may provide third parties with personal information that ESS collected via the Site or providing Services, provided that the sharing is conducted for one of the following purposes
- Obtaining services from third-party service providers, such as IT and technical support, data hosting, accounting, and payment service providers;
- Providing services or fulfilling transactions requested by users or school districts;
- Complying with legal requirements and responding to lawful court orders and other valid legal process;
- As part of a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, asset sale, financing, restructuring, consolidation, liquidation, or similar corporate transaction;
- Protecting the rights, property, or safety of ESS or others, or to assist in the investigation of fraud or any other unlawful activity;
- Transferring aggregate or anonymized information, provided that no individual could be identified by the information; and
- Under any other circumstance to which the data subject consents after being notified.
Except as expressly detailed above, we will never share, sell, or rent personal information to any third party without so disclosing herein and, where necessary, obtaining necessary consent. If you have given your consent for us to use or share your personal information in a particular way, but later change your mind, you should contact us at email@example.com and we will stop doing so.
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act
Some data collected and processed by ESS in providing the Services may be governed by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), which limits the disclosure of students’ educational records. For FERPA-covered personal information, ESS is appointed as a “school official” as that term is used in FERPA and has a legitimate educational interest for carrying out its responsibilities in providing the Services. ESS only uses FERPA-covered personal information to provide Services to ESS’s clients and those clients’ students and to improve its Services. Students and their families may have specific rights regarding access to or correction of their FERPA-covered information. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions, requests, or concerns about FERPA-covered information.
Like most websites, we may employ cookies or other browser identification techniques to help visitors more efficiently use the Site. A cookie is a string of information that is sent by a website and stored on a user’s hard drive. Cookies can enhance your experience by storing your preferences and customizing content for you. If you do not want your browser to accept cookies, you can modify the cookie option in your browser’s settings. You can also set your browser to notify you when a site sends you a cookie
Our Site does not honor Do Not Track signals from browsers.
Your privacy rights
Depending on where you reside, you may have certain privacy and data protection rights, including the ability to access, correct, and delete certain personal information. To the extent that ESS is a service provider or processor for a client, requests to exercise those rights should be directed to that client. For more information about exercising privacy and data protection rights, you may contact ESS at email@example.com
We take reasonable security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of personal information within our custody or control. Our Site uses SSL technology (indicated by https: in the URL) when receiving credit card information, and we review and update our security measures as appropriate.
We restrict access to personal information to ESS employees, contractors, and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop, or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to disciplinary measures, which may include termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
While we have measures in place to help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security and make proper use of the information that we collect, no transmission of data over the Internet is guaranteed to be completely secure; and we cannot guarantee the security of personal information.
Retention of personal information
We keep personal information for no longer than necessary for the business need for which the personal information is processed. The length of time for which we retain personal information depends on the purposes for which we collect and use it and/or as required to comply with applicable laws and to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
The Site is intended to be accessed by adults in the United States. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information on the Site from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have personally identifiable information on a child under the age of 13 we will delete that information.
Non-U.S. Visitors to the Site
The Site is directed towards adults who reside in the United States, and ESS provides services only within the United States. It is not our intent to gather personally identifiable information from individuals residing outside of the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, the information you provide to ESS will be transferred to the United States whose laws may not provide the same level of protection for personal information as your home country. By using the Site, you consent to this transfer.